We got quite a bit of painting, polying, puttying, priming
(say that fast why don't you?!)
accomplished this weekend.
You'll have to use your imagination
to see me wielding the caulking gun or paintbrush
since we didn't take time to snap photos.
The things that we're spending so many hours on are rather unphotogenic anyway.
Many bloggers take photos of chopped onions etc,
but does anybody really want to see a filled nail hole?
We aren't the only ones working, outside we had some changes last week...
The bluestone was laid on the front porch
and the plan for the steps, front pedestals and our entry from the garage
came together with the help of a lot of cinderblock and concrete!
The original elevations had the columns ending a ground level
and so no need for the steps
but our placement of the house made the front a little higher.
So this was a head-scratcher to try and figure out how best to ground the columns
and route the side steps without detracting from the columns and porch.
And yes, the front door is here (finally) and so is the side door!
As soon as the bluestone is grouted,
they'll finish up the front of the house!
Another decision that I debated was what to do with the "underporch" area.
Aggregate (too expensive), scored concrete (a bit out of character) , bluestone (again too expensive)?
Instead we went with pavers
and I'm totally happy with both the pavers themselves (Hanover Pavers)
and the careful attention to detail that the local guys are giving to the installation.
This was the scene a couple of weeks ago (pre-paint too)...
And this weekend... they're still working and tweaking....
The polymer sand will go down to bind them all together when the layout is completed and it's all level.
I'm headed to the house for more puttying and caulking down in the basement.
At noon, I'm removing my do-rag and work clothes
and scooting over to a friends for a two hours of bridge.
They swear that they won't laugh at my paint spattered arms and hands.
Then it'll be back to the house for the evening shift!