- Not to be forgotten was Ada and Tim's 50th wedding anniversary party! You don't get to attend one of those everyday and it was a treat! Such wonderful friends.... I wish I could convince them to move to Virginia!
- After bragging about all of the rain that we had in July that gave us such an awesome mushroom crop, we haven't had a drop of rain the entire month of August. Once again we're in a bubble where it rains all around us, but misses the neighborhood. I can water the gardens and lawn, but every day being above 95, and many at 100 and above, is taking its toll on the horse pasture.
- Joe lost a dear friend this month. Jay Hogue was a business partner and friend who passed away in mid August. At his funeral elegy, a friend commented that he had never heard Jay speak poorly of anyone. What a rare quality to have in this world where we are all (myself included) so quick to gossip, condemn, jump to conclusions and pigeon-hole people.
- Our switch to a new realtor has been a wise choice. We've had several good showings this month and are hopeful that we've got something in the works.
- I haven't mentioned the world's greatest Jack Russell Terrier lately, but he's still plugging along and turned 15 1/2 this month. Though Mr. Biggs hasn't gotten the paper since retiring from active duty on his 15th birthday, he's still fairly active and is keeping the bed warm at night as usual. Just for the record..... we're all crazy about the little fellow. :)
What am I doing today to say farewell to the month of August?
I wish I could say that I'm having my nails done, relaxing by the pool or almost anything other than what I'm shackled to for the next few hours.....
The Dreaded and Long Ignored Stash of Ironing.
You know it's bad when I bring in a stool.
Sadly it isn't all caviar and champagne around here!